Monday, October 25, 2010

Ladie has been sick for the past couple of days.  She is not the pull yourself up by your bootstraps child.  Which, I guess I kind of deserve.  She is after all one hundred percent me.  But, being pregnant and sick and dealing with a child with the lovely mystery fever and NO OTHER symptoms, will just about push one over the edge.  In fact, I don't even think that I brushed Ava's hair before she went to school.  In the words of my mom, "She looked like an orphan baby.  Like nobody loves her."  Well, at least she was dressed.  Adelaide on the other hand is still in her jammies that are covered in strawberries.  Well, at least she ate something.  The most frustrating part of this whole thing was Saturday night when Ladie was in the worst of it.  She woke up at about midnight with a fever.  I gave her medicine and put her in the bathtub to cool her off.  She was miserable and up until 4.  Bobby was home and luckily did not have to work in the morning.  I literally lay in bed with them trying to help, but my pregnant body kept betraying me.  I could not stay awake!  I crashed at some point and slept for two hours while my poor husband was up with our sick baby.  I know that God gives a child two parents for times such as these, but.... It's really frustrating.  And then I tried to talk to Bobby about how I was supposed to be the one taking care of her, but he just got offended.  Now, I know, I  am crazy blessed.  I have a husband that will give up sleep for his children and doesn't just expect me to do it all.  But do any you moms get this?  She came from ME.  I want to be there when she's sick.  I don't always trust Bobby's instincts with sick babies.  Does he know that if her fever spikes to put her in the bath?  Does he know the tylenol/motrin schedule?  What will he do if she gets worse suddenly?  Does he know when to call the doctor?  Will he know the questions to ask if he does call?  I guess you can tell.  I struggle with control when it comes to my children...

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if my wife feels like that, too.
    I get up with our little boy because I know she's not feeling good herself, and I'm healthy and able.

    As far as the bath, meds, dr. -- he knows or he'll find out, or he'll ask, because, take it from a dad myself, he cares as much as you do. (Unless I miss my guess, he would gladly give up sleep for a week, and more if it would just help her feel better.... I know I would)

    ReplyDelete