Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ok.  So after lots of adustment and a couple of break downs, we are happy to say that Zebulon David Camp is on his way.  Yes, it's a boy!  Can you believe it?  I finally can.  We didn't think that it was possible.  I guess the boy defenses that my uterus has been throwing up all of these years went down.  Now, I will admit, it was a complete shock!  We sat in the sonogram room expecting to hear the oh so familiar words of, "It's a girl."  Now, I have seen two boy ultrasounds in my life and was able to read both of them quickly.  We were even more convinced that it was a girl when the baby was crossing its ankles and refusing to show us.  When finally he moved and I saw something that none of my ultrasounds have ever had.  I just started to giggle.  It's a nervous giggle that my entire family is affected by.  We laugh at funerals or anytime we are uncomfortable.  The ultrasound tech said, "it's a boy."  Now, there was no dramatic build up at all.  She said it so fast that you could have missed it.  Bobby was so stunned he said, "excuse me?  Are you sure?"  I was quite convinced that it was a boy, either that or this baby had a third leg!  We walked out of that room to a crowded waiting room where we waited for Monica, my midwife.  As we were waiting with our disappointed seven year old and extatic four year old and clueless one year old, Bobby kept trying to get me to talk about it.  Yes.  I know.  I was in shock and did not want to share my feelings with a room full of strangers.  I just kept telling him, "not now."  On the way home we both had our own little break down.  Now, don't get me wrong, we were already in love with this little man.  I just kept thinking.  I don't want to be that mother of just one boy.  The one that is convinced that her baby is perfect and that if he does something wrong, it's someone else's fault.  You know what I'm talking about.  Or to be the mom that babies him so much and doesn't let him be a boy.  Bobby was concerned about how to be the dad to a boy.

As time went on, we found out six weeks ago, we realized that there is a reason that God was blessing us with this little boy now.  After having three girls, we are in a position to know what we expect from the boys around our girls.  It's changed our prespective.  And Bobby gets to go to the other side of Gymboree!  It's been 6 years of going in there and longingly looking at the other side of the store.  Boys clothes!  A brand new color scheme!  We have to say that each and every day that goes by, we are more excited by the idea of a son.  A son.... what an exciting new adventure.  God is really changing things up!  I'm so excited about this.  Zebulon will be here before we know it.  I wonder everyday what he is going to look like.  Our girls are so feminine!  What will a boy look like?  And let's be honest, I'm excited to have one for me, since all of the girls have turned into daddy's girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment